Animation Breakdown: Women in Animation showcase & panel
Presented by WOMEN IN ANIMATION. Co-sponsored by SIX POINT HARNESS and MONDO MEDIA.
Panel/screening followed by backyard patio mixer! For this very special evening celebrating the work of female animation directors, ABD’s partnered with our friends at Women In Animation: the non-profit dedicated to uniting “a global community of professionals to empower and support women in the art, science and business of animation.” First up, an amazing WIA-assembled panel with esteemed directors, and then it’s time for an ABD-curated selection of shorts past and present. Prestigious panelists include Lauren Faust (My Little Pony, The Powerpuff Girls, Wander Over Yonder), Emily Hubley (The Toe Tactic, Hedwig & The Angry Inch, Pigeon Within), Yvette Kaplan (Beavis & Butthead, King of the Hill, Zack & Quack), Lauren Montgomery (Wonder Woman, Green Lantern: First Flight), Rebecca Sugar (Steven Universe, Adventure Time) andLauren MacMullan (the Oscar-nominated Get A Horse!, The Simpsons). Moderated by director/actor Conrad Vernon (Shrek 2, Monsters vs. Aliens), the discussion covers animation direction across mediums: TV, features, shorts, traditional and digital, inside and out of the studio system!
Films to be screened:
- Pencil Booklings (‘78): Kathy Rose’s seminal scribbles brought to life
- Lord I: The Records Keeper (‘13): the 10-years-in-the-making short by Lori D.
- Set, Set, Spike! (‘02): Emily Hubley’s collage of memory, poetry and volleyball
- Like A Lantern (‘13): Lilli Carre’s haunting, wistful cut-outs
- Two Ghosts (‘14): new World Premiere by Amy Ketchum
- Northern Ice, Golden Sun (‘02): Faith Hubley’s Inuit inspired final film,
- and more!
Tickets: March 9